Free local support for care providers on data and cyber security.
Partners in Care is helping local care providers to evaluate and improve their data and cyber security.
We have been awarded a grant to support local care providers on their data security journey as part of the national Better Security, Better Care programme.
As a care provider, you know how important it is to have access to good information about the people you support and your staff. In order to store and share that information safely, you need to be confident that your paper and digital records are secure.
Our main focus is to help you to understand the importance of data and cyber security, and complete an annual, online self-assessment using the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
By completing the toolkit you can reassure the people you support and their families, your staff, commissioners, regulators, and health and care partners, that you are following good practice – and meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
As a local support partner, we offer free support to help you to:
- reassure the people you support, their families and your staff that they can trust you with their data
- reduce the risk of suffering from cyber crime and data breaches
- carry out your annual self-assessment of your data and cyber security arrangements using the nationally-recognised Data and Security Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
- identify areas where you need to improve, and develop an improvement plan
- comply with data protection legislation and Care Quality Commission’s expectations on confidentiality and security
- access key services such as NHSmail and shared care records.
We provide a range of information and support including:
- direct support with completing the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
Who we help
Our support is focused on Care Quality Commission registered care providers in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.
We can help care homes, home care providers, extra care housing, supported living and Share Lives services supporting adults of all ages.
We can also support larger care groups if all or most of your services are in our local area.
If you are part of a large care provider group with services in multiple parts of the country, you are more likely to be supported through the national Better Security, Better care programme provided by Digital Care Hub.
We know there are a lot of different data, digital and cyber security projects underway in the health and social care sectors. We are working with our local councils, CCGs, Integrated Care Systems and NHS partners and networks to ensure that the support we offer fits in the best way locally.
To find out more or request support please contact:
Tel: 01743 860011
Click here to view the DSPT training available