High quality care relies on high quality information, such as information about an individual’s likes, their care needs, and the care they have received. In social care, most of that information is locked away in paper-based systems.
Only 40% of care providers use a digital social care record. This means that carers and clinicians don’t have access to the information that they need at the time they need it. This places a significant administrative burden on them, taking away valuable time that could be spent delivering care.
The Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin ICS and both Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council will support social care providers. The project will be led by Telford & Wrekin Council in partnership with Partners in Care and will support care providers by
- Guiding providers through the purchase of assured suppliers for Digital Social Care Records (DSCR), supporting the selection and implementation of the software and hardware. The ICS will match fund (up to 50%) the purchase and first year of use of the system.
- Pilot sensor-based falls detection and prevention technology in residential and nursing care homes. The ICS will fund the technology costs of the pilot.
Applications are welcome from all Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin CQC registered social care providers.
What do care providers need to do to access the funding?
- A completed up-to-date Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT),
- The DSPT is an online self-assessment tool that allows health and social care organisations to provide assurance that they are undertaking good data security and that personal information is handled correctly.
- Have an NHSmail or secure email account
- CQC registered
- Located within Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin
- Use the Decision Tool click here for the Decision Tool to Select an Assured Supplier
Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin will verify that the needed criteria have been met.
We will then work with the provider and the assured supplier of the DSCR to complete the order form as per the dynamic purchasing system framework agreement.
Support Fiona by completing the Digital Baseline Survey.
Assured Suppliers List
A Digital Social Care Record (DSCR) allows the digital recording of care information and care received by an individual, within a social care setting, replacing traditional paper records. DSCRs are person-centred and enable information to be shared securely and in real-time with authorised individuals across the health and care sector.
The Digitising Social Care Records Programme is aiming for all CQC-registered adult social care providers to have access to a digital social care record that can interoperate with a local Shared Care Record by 2024. These records will play an important role in joining up care across social care and the NHS, freeing up time spent by care workers and managers on administrative tasks whilst equipping them with the information they need to deliver care. They are the platform on which other remote care tools can integrate and can enable the greater personalisation of care planning that focuses on the individual.
The assured supplier list enables quicker, easier, and more informed purchasing processes for social care providers and other organisations. It is managed by the NHS Transformation Directorate, who provide expert advice and guidance to social care providers. The assured supplier list was commissioned by the Department of Health and Social Care.
Click here for more information on the Assured Supplier List
To help choose a suitable assured supplier a decision tool can be used to select the right supplier, we advise that a minimum of two quotes are obtained to ensure this, we have spoken to all the suppliers and further information and links to their websites and contact details can be found be found below ‘Supplier List’.